New Futures January Advocacy Training
In order to keep New Hampshire a healthy and vibrant place to live, work, and raise a family, we need to advocate for positive public policies which impact the future of our state. Whether you have been impacted by New Hampshire's addiction epidemic, see the benefit of supporting our children with positive early childhood policies, want to fight for equal opportunities for health coverage for all, understand the impacts of an integrated children's behavioral health system, or are passionate about another cause, we are here to help you make your voice heard.
Since 1997, New Futures has trained over 1,000 people to effectively advocate for public policies that they believe in. If you're looking for a way to get involved in the community and advocate for social change in New Hampshire, let us train you to be an advocacy voice for change in our state. We'll go over:
- An overview of policy and advocacy
- How a bill becomes a law in New Hampshire
- How to use the New Hampshire general court website
- Effective messaging when advocating for your cause
- How to call your lawmaker, testify at a hearing, write a letter to the editor, or otherwise publicize your message to effect change
Breakfast and lunch are included. We'll end the day with a tour of the New Hampshire State House. Sign up to join us!