Areas of Focus
PICTURED ABOVE: The New Hampshire State House Senate Chamber
New Futures supports state and local policies that promote New Hampshire's public health, improve prevention, treatment, and recovery programs, and increase healthy early childhood development. Our policy perspectives are grounded in evidence-based areas of focus that are proven to raise public health outcomes.
New Futures supports public policies in substance use disorder, health, and early childhood issue areas that:
Substance Use Disorder Policy
- Prevent and reduce alcohol and other drug problems in New Hampshire.
- Fund prevention, treatment and recovery services for New Hampshire citizens.
- Ensure access to treatment and recovery services for all New Hampshire citizens in need of substance use disorder services.
- Provide adequate insurance coverage for substance use disorder treatment and recovery services.
- Reduce youth access to drugs and alcohol.
- Provide adequate health services to New Hampshire citizens.
- Integrate behavioral health, substance misuse, and primary care services.
Early Childhood Policy
- Allow all of New Hampshire's children access to quality, affordable child care programs.
- Expand access to proven and effective Home Visiting programs.
- Provide support for a system of Family Resource Centers of Quality.