We're looking for a communications coordinator!
Title: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Communications Director
New Futures is seeking a highly motivated Communications Coordinator to support the Communications Team in ensuring the public and lawmakers are aware of New Futures’ policy priorities and activities. New Futures is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit advocacy organization that advocates, educates and collaborates to improve the health and wellness of all New Hampshire residents through policy change. This is a part-time position based in Concord, NH.
The Communications Coordinator will work with New Futures staff and partners to ensure the public and lawmakers are aware of New Futures’ defined policy goals, including those related to substance use disorders, health care, and early childhood. The Communications Coordinator will support the Communications team in developing communications plans, managing the New Futures website, and drafting content for electronic and print media.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop content for both print and web communications, including the organization’s website, social media, email program, and editorial pieces.
- Generate online content to engage new audiences and cultivate organizational advocates.
- Prepare statements, press releases, and opion pieces to garner public support for New Futures policy priorities.
- In collaboration with New Futures staff, regularly update organization’s active social media accounts.
- Work collaboratively with Communications Director and Vice President of Policy to coordinate press outreach and develop relationships with traditional media outlets.
- Work in collaboration with Communications Director and Training Director on communications consultations and trainings for advocates and organizations as part of New Futures shared services.
- Work collaboratively with New Futures staff to organize events and press conferences, including creating invitations, managing timelines and sponsorships, organizing press outreach, etc.
- Work with the Communications Director to assess and report on the effectiveness of communication strategies.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Well-organized and eager to collaborate with other staff, stakeholders and allied organizations in advancing policy goals;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to serve New Futures staff and external stakeholders including New Futures board members, vendors, partner organizations, and the general public.
- Team player and collaborator;
- Ability to develop strong and effective working relationships with diverse and multi-cultural constituencies including New Futures staff, policymakers, the media, and others;
- Knowledge of MS Office with strong word processing, Excel, database, social media platforms;
- Base-level knowledge of graphic design preferred;
- Internet research skills;
- Willing to experiment with new media and software in order to maximize best practice for New Futures outreach and advocacy efforts.
HOURS: This is a part-time position, at 22.5 hours per week.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Meghan Farrell, Communications Director at email@example.com. E-mail applications with attachments in Microsoft Word or PDF format only. We do not accept phone inquiries regarding the position; please do not call. Position will be open until filled.