CCAR Recovery Coach Academy
Recovery Coach Academy
Hope for NH Recovery is pleased to offer
a five day CCAR Recovery Coach Academy (RCA)
This training is for individuals who are involved in the recovery initiation of others and or are in sustained recovery themselves and want to become a Recovery Coach or a Certified Recovery Support Worker for people seeking or already in recovery.
Recovery Coaching is a peer-based recovery support service that is non-clinical and designed to engage others beyond recovery initiation through stabilization and into recovery maintenance. Similar peer interventions in clinical settings have been shown to improve engagement and retention of people seeking services. It is also known that long-term treatment and/or recovery outcomes are improved by assertive linkages to community-based recovery supports such as Recovery Coaching
- Help to initiate and sustain an individual/family in their recovery from substance use disorder or addiction.
- Promote recovery by removing barriers and obstacles to recovery
- Serve as a personal guide and mentor for people seeking or already in recovery
CCAR Recovery Coach Academy participants will:
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values, and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self-disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power, and privilege.
- Address ethical and boundaries issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
Dates: RCA July17 – 21, 2017
Time: 30-hour Recovery Coach Academy-(Registration at 8:30 on Day One) 9:00 am to 4:00 pm each day
Location: Hope for NH Recovery, 175 Central St, Franklin, NH 03235
Registration & Payment are due by July 6th, 2017, cost is $100
Checks made payable to Hope for NH Recovery, 175 Central St. Franklin, NH 03235
Registration form and payment must be received by July 6, 2017 to reserve your spot.
Class size will be limited to 40 people.
Participants will receive a CCAR Recovery Coach Academy Manual and Certificate. No certificates will be issued for partial completion. Lunch will be on your own.
For more information, contact Carolee Longley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 934-1496