Reporting to the Vice President of Policy, the Communications Director will work with New Futures staff and partners to manage all communications related to defined policy goals at New Futures, including those related to substance use disorders, healthcare, and early childhood. The Communications Director will be primarily responsible for developing communications plans, managing the New Futures website, and drafting content for electronic and print media coverage. This position will also manage all public facing web content for New Futures. The Commuications Director supervises the part time Communications Coordinator.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required from a recognized institution, preferably in public relations, communications, marketing or journalism
- Minimum 2 years prior experience, preferably in Marketing, Journalism and /or Social Media Management.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, with an emphasis on time management and the ability to plan, organize and implement various activities.
- Ability to function under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Communications experience, including working with print, radio and web and social media.
- Publication experience including, working with external consultants and print vendors.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with New Futures’ policy staff and contract lobbyist, develop, implement, and evaluate communications plans for ongoing and campaign advocacy to advance New Futures policy positions.
- Lead the generation of online content to engage new audiences and cultivate organizational advocates.
- Prepare statements, press releases, editorials, op-eds to garner public support for New Futures policy priorities.
- Manage the development and maintenance of all print and electronic communications including, but not limited to, fact sheets, flyers, emails, brochures, and content on the New Futures website.
- Manage the dissemination and distribution of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures and written publications.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with local print, radio, and broadcast media outlets.
- Manage media requests for all policy staff and, in consultation with VP of Policy, President/CEO, to determine staff best suited to respond.
- In collaboration with New Futures staff, update all New Futures’ active social media accounts regularly.
- In partnership with policy and community engagement staff, orchestrate communicatons plan for advocate turnout on specific policy issues.
- Work collaboratively with VP of Policy in coordinating press outreach, messaging and developing any relevant materials.
- With VP of Policy, develop and maintain editorial calendar on key campaign and ongoing policy priorities.
- With Policy Staff, determine the frame and pitch for news stories that raise awareness of New Futures initiatives.
- Provide technical support to staff with social media, PowerPoint, Photoshop, and other tools.
- Work in collaboration with VP of Policy on communications consultations for outside organizations as part of New Futures shared services.
- In consultation with Children’s Behavioral Health Policy Coordinator, Engagement Coordinator, prepare statements, press releases, editorials, op-eds to garner public support for Children’s Behavioral Health Collaborative initiatives, policy priorities.
- With CBHC policy, engagement coordinators, manage the development and maintenance of print and electronic communications for the CBHC, including but not limited to fact sheets, flyers, emails, brochures, and content on the CBHC website.
- Supervise the part time Communications Coordinator to ensure duties are being fulfilled and provide an annual review.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to Michele Merritt, President and CEO, at email@example.com. No phone inquiries will be accepted.