A Healthy Budget for New Hampshire
New Hampshire lawmakers are currently weighing the state budget and they need to hear from you about how their state funding decisions impact your health and wellness.
Governor Sununu released his state funding plan in February. Now, the House Finance Committee is debating the budget. They have scheduled hearings to give Granite Staters the chance to speak up about New Hampshire's needs.
Please attend these hearings and encourage lawmakers to pass a budget which supports New Hampshire's health and wellness.
Laconia: Monday, March 11th, 5:00 p.m.
Lakes Region Community College
379 Belmont Road, Laconia
Click here to RSVP for Laconia.
Milford: Monday, March 11th, 5:00 p.m.
Boys and Girls Club of Souhegan Valley
56 Mont Vernon Street, Milford
Click here to RSVP for Milford.
Concord: Monday, March 18th, 1:00 p.m.
State House, Representatives Hall
107 North Main Street, Concord
Click here to RSVP for Concord.
Overall Budget Ask: Support a New Hampshire budget which gives children and families what they need to stay healthy.
a healthy budget includes:
early childood and family supports and services
- Please fund home visiting services to give children and families supports in their own home, where they are most comfortable.
- Please support a statewide network of family resources, where families can get access to services in their own communities.
Health care workforce investments
- New Hampshire needs to take concrete steps to address our health care workforce shortage, which is hurting our economy and preventing Granite Staters from getting the health care they need.
A guaranteed, fully-funded alcohol fund
- New Hampshire is far from free of our substance misuse epidemic. We must guarantee that the Alcohol Fund is fully funded to support both Medicaid Expansion and effective prevention, treatment, and recovery.
a system of care for children
- Please support an integrated, comprehensive system of care to support all of New Hampshire's children, with statewide access to mobile crisis services.
a regulation on vaping
- Vaping is an epidemic among New Hampshire youth, and can have lifelong health and wellness consequences. E-cigarettes should be regulated as tobacco products, with support going towards supporting children and families.
staff to protect children from lead poisoning
- Childhood lead poisoning can drastically impact child development. In order to effectively prevent childhood lead poisoning, the state needs staff to remediate lead in homes.
tips for budget hearings
- Arrive early! You want to sign in to testify as early as possible.
- Keep your testimony short and sweet! These hearings typically run for many hours with testimony on many different topics.
- Make your ask clear. Support a budget which will keep New Hampshire healthy.
- Share your personal story. Briefly illustrate the need for effective health and wellness programs in our state.
- Bring written testimony. With limited time to summarize your testimony in front of the committee, having written testimony to hand in will help lawmakers remember your points.