A Healthy Budget for New Hampshire
Thank you for your hard work and advocacy to ensure critical health and wellness priorities are included in the state budget!
a healthy budget includes:
HEALTH CARE WORKFORCE INVESTMENTS
In order to make any in strides in addressing the health needs of New Hampshire, we need to invest in the health care workforce. This budget:
- Raises Medicaid reimbursement rates to help health care providers recruit and retain the workers they need to ensure access to care.
- Increases funding for the State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP), which supports health care professionals who work in medically underserved areas.
- Makes investments in the health care pipeline.
REGULATIONs ON VAPING
Vaping is an epidemic among New Hampshire youth, and can have lifelong health and wellness consequences. This budget:
- Regulates e-cigarettes like tobacco products to ensure public health protections are in place and reduce the risk that youth will use vaping products.
- Raises the age to purchase tobacco and vape products to 21.
EARLY CHILDOOD AND FAMILY SUPPORTS AND SERVICES
Home visiting and family resource centers help mitigate adverse child experiences and set children and families up for success. This budget:
- Ensures access to vital home visiting services which support family stability and improve child outcomes by eliminating barriers to Medicaid Home Visiting.
- Supports community-based family strengthening and support programs provided by Family Resource Centers.
Funding for substance use prevention, treatment, and recovery
New Hampshire is far from free of our substance misuse epidemic. Funding for both Medicaid Expansion and prevention, treatment, and recovery services are crucial. This budget:
- Fully funds Medicaid Expansion and provides funding for substance use prevention, treatment, and recovery.
A SYSTEM OF CARE FOR CHILDREN
New Hampshire children deserve a System of Care that includes statewide access to mobile crisis services. This budget:
- Makes improvements to create a more integrated and comprehensive system of care to support all of New Hampshire's children, with statewide access to mobile crisis services to ensure children and youth get the appropriate support services where and when they need them.
STAFF TO PROTECT CHILDREN FROM LEAD POISONING
Childhood lead poisoning can drastically impact child development. In order to effectively prevent childhood lead poisoning, the state needs staff to remediate lead in homes. This budget:
- Includes staff positions necessary to prevent childhood lead poisoning.
- Creates a Lead Paint Hazard Remediation Fund.
ADULT DENTAL BENEFIT
Oral health is directly link to overall health. To improve public health and further combat the ongoing addiction epidemic, New Hampshire must help to expand oral care to those in need. This budget:
- Includes a requirement that the Department of Health and Human Services prepare a plan for the incorporation of an adult dental benefit within the Medicaid managed care program by April 2021.