LGBTQ+ Pride Month
During the month of June, New Futures’ Community Engagement Team will be launching Advocate Pride, a series of features on local advocates who are raising awareness around and advancing health equity in the LGBTQ+ community.
We would be honored to feature you as part of this project to uplift the work you are doing in your community. And enter you into the New Futures’ Pride raffle for an exciting prize! Here are few ways you can join us:
- SHARE YOUR STORY - Provide us with a photo of your choice, brief biography (3 to 4 sentences), and answer the following two questions for us to share with New Futures’ email list, social media network, and on New Futures’ Pride website page.
- I advocate for LGBTQ+ health equity because… [share a short personal story or motivation for why you do this critical work]
- Join me in advocating for LGBTQ+ health equity by….[share a way folks in your community can join you by advocating for a specific policy, supporting a specific coalition, etc.]
- NOMINATE AN ADVOCATE - Share with us the outstanding work done by an individual or group on behalf of LGBTQ+ health and wellness to be featured in New Futures’ Advocate Pride. Please fill out our nomination form here: https://forms.gle/WgCBkrReFqSicHCr6 and/or pass along this opportunity to folks you think may be interested. Both nominators and nominees will be entered into New Futures' Pride raffle!
- VIDEO FEATURE - Work with New Futures to record a 2 to 3-minute video where you introduce yourself and answer the questions above in longer form. We will also share this with our email list, social media network, and on our New Future’s Pride website page.
- JOIN US FOR OUR LGBTQ+ HEALTH PANEL - At the end of June, New Futures’ is looking to pull together an event that features LGBTQ+ health advocates and champions. If you are interested in potentially speaking at our panel discussion, please reach out!
If you would like to participate in any of the above opportunities, please let us know ASAP by emailing Christina Warriner at email@example.com, so that we can be sure to feature you during Pride Month. We hope to have the opportunity to celebrate your work and uplift your story!