We're hiring a community engagement coordinator!
The Community Engagement Coordinator will help to further strengthen the advocacy capacity and infrastructure of the NH Alliance for Healthy Aging through targeted community engagement efforts and logistical support. New Futures has a memorandum of understanding with NH Legal Assistance to provide this support to NH AHA for a minimum of three years, and this position will have primary responsibility for the achievement of the outlined advocacy support goals of this partnership. Older adults are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Minimum of two years professional work experience, preferably in event coordination, government relations, political organizing, or community development.
- Associate degree or higher in health promotions, social science, or community development from a recognized college or university is preferred
- Strong leadership and time management skills
- Exceptional oral communication skills, including public speaking experience
- Familiarity with campaign strategy and political or community organizing is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in effective internal and external communication, collaboration, and coordination with individuals and organizations
- Demonstrated skills as a grassroots organizer or volunteer engagement coordinator
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player and collaborator
- Ability to develop strong and effective working relationships with diverse and multi-cultural constituencies including older adult advocates, community partners, policymakers, and other staff members
- Demonstrated skills in utilizing and/or building volunteer/people information management systems (such as VoteBuilder, NationBuilder, EveryAction, Salesforce, or other information management databases)
- Knowledge of MS Office with strong word processing, Excel, database, social media platforms, and Internet
- Ability to function under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a high functioning professional team.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- In partnership with the NH AHA Elder Advocacy Coordinator, identify, recruit, and train advocates to take action on NH Alliance for Healthy Aging policy priorities
- Support advocates by attending legislative hearings
- Orchestrate advocate turnout on NH AHA identified policy issues
- Attend regular table meetings of NH AHA and develop relationships with partners around advocacy table
- Effectively utilize data management systems to support data-driven advocacy
- With the support of the New Futures Data Manager, audit existing NH AHA engagement data and develop a data management plan for the NH AHA.
- Coordinate phone banks to support specific NH AHA initiatives
- Plan and execute the logistics of annual NH AHA legislative breakfast
- Plan and execute the logistics of in-district meetings with key legislators to advance NH AHA priorities
- Train NH AHA partners on effective story collection
- Support volunteer engagement data needs of NH AHA Elder Advocacy Coordinator and NHLA Policy Director as they relate to NH AHA priorities
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume to Aly McKnight, Vice President of Community Engagement at New Futures, at the following address – email@example.com. E-mail applications with attachments in Microsoft Word or PDF format only. We do not accept phone inquiries regarding the position; please do not call. Position will be open until filled.