We're Hiring: Vice President of Community Engagement
JOB TITLE: Vice President of Community Engagement
LOCATION: New Futures, Inc., 100 N Main Street, Suite 400 Concord, NH 03301
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
SUPERVISES: Community Engagement Team
New Futures is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated and detail oriented Vice President of Community Engagement to manage New Futures’ engagement efforts. New Futures is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit advocacy organization that serves as a centralized repository of campaign and ongoing advocacy capacities used to achieve defined policy goals in the areas of health care, early childhood and alcohol and other drug policy.
The Vice President of Community Engagement will lead the New Futures’ engagement team in identifying, mobilizing and training grassroots individuals and community partner organizations to advocate in support of New Futures policy priorities. This position will also oversee the development and implementation of an advocacy training curriculum and the management of a responsive EveryAction database.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Manage the coordination, co-design and execution of all campaign engagement strategies for the organization with CEO and management staff.
- Collect, analyze and synthesize data to inform team’s engagement priorities and targeted training opportunities.
- Ensure multi-directional engagement around advocacy efforts and on the ground priorities and issues.
- Collaborate with partners to organize public education and advocacy events such as roundtables, legislative breakfasts, in-district meetings, film screenings, panels and tailored advocacy training opportunities.
- Support the Data Manager in the maintenance of a clear and responsive Every Action database to support tailored, data-driven advocacy skills and knowledge development;
- Collaborate with VP of Advocacy and VP of Policy to develop and guide the strategy for community engagement and advocacy activity aimed primarily at achieving New Futures’ policy agenda.
- With the Training Manager, develop and deliver legislative advocacy trainings to advocates and partners. Collaborate with Training Coordinator on development of training curricula.
- Develop and set community engagement goals and objectives through annual strategic plan process and track and submit data on strategic workplan metrics on a quarterly basis.
- In conjunction with President/CEO and VP of Finance, develop annual program budget and manage program expenses.
- Frequent in-state travel and some out-of-state travel required.
- Manage the community engagement staff and ensure that all the duties in the of community engagement job descriptions are being fulfilled
- Provide an annual review for the community engagement staff members:
- Compile feedback from the management team
- Complete an annual review form to review with the community engagement staff
- Recommend any annual increases during the organization’s budgeting process
QUALIFICATIONS & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, with a preference in Political Science, Government Relations, Public Administration or related discipline from a recognized, accredited college or University
- A minimum 3 years prior experience, in Political Campaigns and/or Community Organizing is required
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, with an emphasis on time management and the ability to plan, organize and implement various activities within a time-pressured environment
- Strong collaboration skills, with an emphasis on project management and strategic planning
- Supervisory experience including, ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with applicable laws
- Ability to develop strong and effective working relationships with diverse and multi-cultural constituencies including New Futures Staff, community partner organizations, individual advocates, policymakers, the media, and others
- Ability to function under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a high functioning professional team
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft products
- Excellent critical thinking skills
HOURS: This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position at 37.5 hours per week.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to Michele Merritt, New Futures’ President/CEO, at the following address – firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail applications with attachments in Microsoft Word or PDF format only. We do not accept phone inquiries regarding the position; please do not call. Position will be open until filled.